Irondequoit Bay Sun 6/18- Happy Father's Day!

Another beautiful Sunday, fishing with my son on Father's Day.  Went 7 for 11 this morning, all kings, mostly on the Mountain Dew spin doctor and green fly off the dipsey diver.  About 75-80 ft down, but over much deeper water than last week.  We caught all our fish between 225 and 400 FOW today, mostly north/south troll between Webster Park and Hedges.  Did pick up a couple of good eaters on the wonder bread and ladder back mixed veggie NK28 spoons off the downriggers, but all 3 of our 10+ pounders were on the dipseys.  We're not doing too bad for not running any copper or meat rigs!  Lake is warming up, and the fleas are out now...The fish seemed to like it faster today, 2.8 at the ball was the speed to be at...

Image (7).jpeg

Image (6).jpeg

Image (5).jpeg

• Like 2

I had some decent luck myself out there yesterday on a short trip.  Went 3 for 3 on small kings, 2 at 240 fow and 1 at 130.  All 70' down and all on a hulk UV spin doctor with green/black fly.  Fish were 8-10 lbs and full of fire when they hit.  The one at 130 fow hit just when I was trolling back toward I-Bay to hang it up for the morning.  I decided to troll back and pull the lines at 130' and as I went back to the downrigger to pull the line it hit.  A nice surprise.  Hope all had a nice Father's Day.

6-18-23 No1.jpg

6-18-23 No2.jpg

Edited by BreakingBass
Added pics.
  • Like 3