Seneca 5/17

Fished Seneca this morning, pre derby scouting! Fished from 8-11:30. we went 8 for 10. One fish 31", 2 fish 27" and the rest were 20-24. found the fish schooled up and had 3 doubles. we quit early, just to hard to fight the wind, keep the boat straight and fight 2 fish at a time. hope I have the same problem next weekend! The two we lost were either landlocks or rainbows, because they were breaking water.

Blueghost, last year we fished the same1.5 miles of shore for the entire weekend with 15-20 fish days. A little info for the depth, not the same as last year, much deeper! I don't think anybody will need help finding fish this weekend. with the temperature going to be warm this week, the fish will very active. I cant wait!

we were between 120-90 fow. I've never fished that deep during the past 3 years of the derby.

Blueghost, have you been out? just wondering how much junk is in the water on the east side? last year we tried it for about an hour and had enough. I fished about two weeks ago on the east side around pump house it was loaded with seaweed, almost sunk my boards! we have also placed 3 out of 6 years, one brown, rainbow and a laker. miss last place in the laker last year by .01 of an oz.

I actually get a kick of trolling inbetween still fisherman and catching fish, we usually have the radio turned up and they hate it! we just like to have a good time, and catch fish!

yeah, we have been doing good. Same here, deepest I've ever run the rigs besides salmon fishing lake O. deepest I hit them was 150 but have seen them moving in the past few weeks. The east side is trickey, but most the floating crap is in a group, I gave up early on the boards last time and went to flatlines and wire to avoid it best I could. I love it when they see you hooking fish and anchor in front of you as you pass through! lol

Thats been my usual pattern the last few years. Go south of Sampson about a mile troll north in 90fow pass the chute then troll back in 120 and we have good luck and have been close a few years but no dice lol. So I am glad to hear they are out in that water!! I love trolling around the pilons too lol. Gotta love screaming FISH ON and watch them jump out of their boats :lol:

funny story about a stillfisherman 2 yrs ago, we were working an area S. of Sampson hooking lt left and right, as well as a big landlock, one boat was finally frusterated enough in watching us and just started swearing, flipping us off telling us to get the F*** out of their bla bla bla go out to deeper water lol! We were keeping a good distance from him, but next pass put the planer board almost in his lap lol

we had a situation with a still fisherman last year, samething catching fish trolling by, he was yelling, the boards were pretty close on our passes, so on the last pass I told him he should be in aw of my precison trolling, that got an fu!

precison trolling

:D:D:D:D:D

As a machinist...that term is definately hitting my vocabulary! I can't get any of my Ontario fishing buddies to come down for the derby...too much about combat fishing...blah, blah ,blah....but it is funny to watch them on Lake O worry about a boat that is a half a mile ahead of them....I guess they just need to go to "precision trolling" school! ;)

Was out last night for a quick shakedown cruise...still playing with downrigger mounts and speed. I can't seem to get my dad's 454 to idle down enough. I found a sea anchor in the garage that got us down to 3 mph...I may have to scare up another.

Picked up 2 in the short time we were out 20 down over 75 Mnt dew Spin dr./Green fly and a green dolphin.