Lowrance HDS Chartplotter

Duck

I have an older Lowrance HDS with an LWX-1 Sirius antenna connected to it for weather. Stopped getting weather signal, had Sirius freshen signal and still nothing.  Got new Sirius antenna and wiring.  Sirius sent new signal under new S/N still nothing. Power light is on at module. Sirius asked what the signal strength is on Lowrance but unable to get into that page which I used to be able to. Is it possible my HDS unit has a problem? And has anyone else had this problem and able to solve it? 

Thanks for the reply. The unit is an HDS5 insight, I am going to work on getting the updates if they are available for that old of a unit, if not will probably get newer unit or antenna for my garmin, don't like being on great lakes w/o current radar

• 3 weeks later...

What generation is it?  I have a gen2 that needed a software update about a year ago.  For some reason they lose critical gps data.  Lowrance has what is called a "software patch" for most units that will fix many problems.  Find your unit on Lowrances software update website, download and install the latest rev.

Ours is a HDS 5 Lake Insight. We finally got some info from a Lowrance tech and this unit is too old.  So there are no updates.  We did some test on the unit per the tech and have discovered that there is an issue with our unit and no repair.  Thank you for your help