Know the weather has been iffy the past couple weeks and think I have a window to get out tomorrow. Any reports coming out of Henderson area? Planning to try the ledge and surrounding area with flasher flys and spoons. Based on last couple years they “should” be starting to show up in better numbers. Haven’t been out in about a month so not sure what the water is looking like. Thanks for any info gents.

Fished the trench Tuesday and Wednesday.  Trolled for two days with not a release

Used flasher fly and pulled spoons in 80 to 150 fow. Two riggers  and two dipseys Best marks in 130 to 150. Thermocline seemed to be 100ft. So many marks on screen I was doughting my fishfinder. I put down my Minkota which has Down Imagining transducer for Helix 5. Definitely fish marks. See attached pics.

Jim

20230823_181732.jpg

20230823_185600.jpg

20230823_185912.jpg

• Like 1

Update from today. Trench water was pretty dirty. Was marking a lot of fish couldn’t get a bite. Moved off to cleaner water in 145 out from the point and managed a nice 24 pound king. Caught some lakers and had a couple drive bys out in the cleaner water. Black widow and purple clown spoons worked. No bites on flasher/flies or meat rigs. Fish was starting to get the hook mouth so makes sense that the other bites didn’t stick. Tight lines guys.

Fished the trench today. Got to the launch at Henderson at 0630. Only boat in the parking lot  never seen that before  past years I’ve had to park up by the road   Marked fish ( not wall to wall )  very few boats fishing. Was slow slow. Caught a whitefish on meat  , dragged it around for a while before checking gear. Ended up with 2 LT and - whitefish.  Not great   

IMG_0165.jpeg

IMG_0167.jpeg

We fished out of Oswego on Sunday. It was a very different lake. Where only a few days ago the thermocline was at over a hundred feet down, now it was at 30 to 50 feet down . At over 400 feet  the thermocline started a waving pattern of between 70 and a hundred feet down. We did see see some bait in 400 feet at around 50 to 80 down. Not a good day!

We ended up with one steelie and 3 salmon and they were in the 5 to 10 pound range.

Fished again this morning out of stony creek and took my pops out. 3 fish. 2 over 20. All spoons. Flashers didn’t get a touch all day but I always keep a couple out to hopefully bring some fish into the spread. Best water was 120-140. Marked pretty good but don’t think it’s full on yet. Black ice took 2 and hulk took one. The one on the hulk was a mean one. Hooked on the dipsey 225 back and he hammered it. Looked down at one point and had 500+ ft out. Great day on the water. Planning on getting out one more time if the weather holds. Tight lines guys.

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3996.jpeg

• Like 1