Owasco Shakedown

Was finally able to get the boat out today. Wind and weather didn't look great but was looking to try out my new kicker and see how the rigger wiring would work out. Meet a buddy at Emerson and launched around 11 to a decent west wind.

Seeing it was a shakedown, I just wanted to make sure everything was running right. This was the first time trolling on the new to me boat so set up with a small laker spread on the west side of the lake trying to stay out of the wind. Didnt see much on the screen but everything was running and working good so I wasn't going to complain. 

When we finally did see some stuff on the screen it was some bait balls out in about 160 fow right on the bottom. Didnt feel like dropped the riggers that deep so trolled over it still searching for a bite. As we got more comfortable with the set up, we trolled for another half mile and nothing. Satisfied with how the trolling (other than no bites), we went back to the bait we saw with the intent on jigging. The issue is that I didn't have rods set up for that so used my trolling rods to jig. Turns out, they aren't that great for jigging (shocker), but it did worked well enough as we went 2/8 with 1oz jigs and some paddle tail swim baits. We got some bites on unconventional gear and even landed a few so we were happy. Called it a day at 230 and headed back satisfied and cold.

Only thing I couldn't figure out was my fish finder showing a lot of interference from my trolling motor when in anchor mode and jigging.

Resized_20240421_141105.jpeg

• Like 1