question on ballist??

and it is ... i have a 16ft. 1963 lone star aluminuim boat. fully rigged for lake fishing 50hp. four stroke ..... the trouble is it's like fishing from a cork hence the name "blue bubble"... any thoughts on removing the decking and adding several hundred?? pounds to the center line.... top end speed is not a priority so take that out of your thoughts. any and all comments are welcome.

F.F,I had a 1961 16ft.LoneStar, it was deep but not wide, I took a beating but thats a 16 ft. for you. I built a 18teen gal. gas tank into my 16ft. lund by removeing the front seat and replaced it with the tank and adding a casting platform over it. Honest two footers are bumpy in any 16fter but I don't have a problem keeping the bow down. Good luck. :):):)

The forward built in gas tank sounds like a good idea, I had a 14' with a flat floor, 25 hp & 6 hp kicker, with a low transom (short shaft 25 hp) lots of weight at the stern, I moved my gas tank forward, and always wanted to move my battery to the front too, but never did. On my old boat below the deck and along some sides behind aluminum would be some foam for flotation in case of capsizing I think, to much added weight could be issue for load rating of your vessel as well.