June 6th and 7th out of I Bay

Fished Saturday night from 6-9 pm. 4-6 with biggest being 14 lb king on leadcore out 6 colors at dusk. Had an NK Mag mulatto on it. Real nice fight. 2 other kings under 10 lbs on purple/black spoon. (Don't know name or brand offhand) and 1 coho on NK NBK, all off sliders. All in about 120 feet off Genny, sliders were down about 30.

Sunday morning we were 4-8, fishing 6:30-11 more off Russell this time. Started in 150 and worked out to 300. Very blank screen all weekend. Did 1 coho and 3 kings again. This time biggest king was only 10 lbs.

60 foot rigger over 210 on a NBK again, blue/silver/purple hologram NK 28 and frog took the fish.

No rhyme or reason to set-ups both days. Couldn't get anything to work consistently. Where have the 20lbers from a week ago gone? If I had more time Sunday I would have gone west another 6-8 miles. Lost 1 rip on wire dipsey, several short hits on sliders. Seemed to be a lot of current Sunday morning. Light breeze came up around 9 and shifted to NE.

Two fun days with my brothers fishing. We haven't all fished together in years, since our days fishing blues and stripers in LI Sound.

Rich

PS To use the new fishing report form, do you just fill in your info and then delete the prompts?

Thanks for sharing a good report with us.

The new fishing template can be found by clicking on "New Topic" under the Fishing Reports - South Shore.

I was out solo on Sunday morning 6:30 am to 9 am. My fishing partner blamed his wife for not setting the alarm clock and I told him that it was a good sign of blessing that his wife wanted him to stay in while mine wanted me to leave the bed without disturbing her.

I had decent marks on my screen between 80 and 100 FOW in 43.17 N and 77.32 W. Two riggers set up with smart fish 60' down and NK Dolphin 40' down.

First fish hit on white Smart Fish and Atomik Green Glow Fly. Fish ripped out 200 yards and I brought back nice 19 lbs King. Nice clean fish - very healthy.

As I was about to put back the smart fish in the water, second rod fired and I brought in a teenage King.

The last fish hit on same white Smart Fish and Atomik Green Glow Fly. I was surprised to see that it was a Lake Trout that hit on the set up. This Lake Trout fought real hard and I thought this type of fish is something you dont want to catch given the negativity surrounding this breed.

Three for Three and it was time for me to head back to the dock to tend my children and their friends who slept over with us for the weekend.

I went out again and took the children with me in the afternoon only to find NE winds and decided to hang out by the Sand Hill in the bay.

62208026.th.jpg

Hmm, heard some guys inside but they were talking about steelies and cohos. Maybe I committed the ultimate fishing sin and drove right over the big fish to get to the more barren water?

3-3 while solo on a beautiful morning....you had an awesome day!

Thanks Rich. I had very little time to spare and this has helped me to determine the 80 FOW as the starting point as I want to maximize my time on the water.

I grew up in Long Island and blue fishing has been one of my favorite fishing experience. Captree or Freeport marinas - who can beat that deal for $30 a night fishing out in the dark on those party boats.

YT,

For sure, that SmartFish is helping me fish like a bright fisherman!

Just read your post about your recent tournament experience. Wish you best of luck for the next weekend. I know Im smart enough NOT to compete with the big boys - not just yet.

Tight lines.

AD

You should get into one! Its more than competition. Its comrodery (butchered that word) more than anything. There is an AM side and an open division. The Oak is close enough to you, or even Sodus. Get a buddy together and try one!