Hot Lure: Hawg Wild A-TOM-MIC Spindoctor/Fly

Trolling Speed: 2-5 to 2.8

Down Speed: 1.8 to 2.1 Depth Raider

Boat Depth: 125 to 250 ft

Lure Depth: 30 to 50 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Left the dock at 5:30 AM. Might as well have been noon. Sun was high and bright by the time I reached the mouth of the river. Decided to run west to Braddocks Point as I had no clue on depth to fish. Out by myself, so only 2 rods. Set up in about 125 and headed out. Had a fish on DW SS Greasy Chicken Wing free slider on 48' rigger, but lost. At 210', picked up small king (2 pounds?) on same rig. Worked the area for a while, and finally had rip on wire, out 180 with Hawg Wild SD/Fly. Fish ran to 320 before turning. Landed a nice King. Didn't take time to weigh or photo, as I don't like to keep them out of the water for more than a minute or so. Fish was just over 36" (length of cooler), so I am guessing 18-20 lbs.? Seems like all the bigger kings this year are solid and fat! Trolled east to Russel with no action. Pulled lines and was back to the river by 10:00. The screen was sort of dead. Had the occasional hook near bottom, and the occasional hook checking out the deep spoon, but couldn't get them to go. Almost no bait on the screen to speak of.

Jim,

I fished yesterday as well (see my I-Bay report) and it seems like the fish were high and "out of temp". It's still nice to see the thermocline setting up...

Thanks for the report

- Chris

Jim Nice to see you report. I was out on Sunday as well. Slow going at Sandy, boated a 15lb king and a 15 lb Laker. Lost 2 other nice fish as well. A lot of lakers over here. The kings were a little scattered. The bright sun did not help. I was off the water by 11:00... I was going to call you, but left your number at home. ER mail it to me when you get a chance.

Lou

Congrats on the big boy. We couldn't buy a hit on Flies over in Mexico this past weekend. The 3 that took were spoons and were 19" and under. I can't wait for the thermal cline to set up and get into some real screamers.