whats better copper or SS wire?

Im wanting to add dipsys off the corners to add to my spread, I was told wire is way easier and simple, where copper you need real big reels and is much harder?

What are your opinions, please only if you have used both. Naturally if you have only used one or the other you will prefer it, I would really like to know the pros and cons before i buy into a set.

Both have their time and place. I would recommend buying wires first and then copper. Wires really heat up in July and August. Coppers are expensive and not as user friendly.

I have to ask -- are you talking about SS wire with dipsys vs copper run without dipsys or are you talking about running dipsys on your copper???

DON'T run dipsys on copper -- you can, but just don't -- it is sort of like putting a clown horn on a Harley.

Do run dipsys on SS wire

Fishing is like Algebra -- there is an order of operations for continual success it goes something like this:

(S), D, S/C, D, C/L

(Surface lines), Downrigger, Slider/cheater, Dipsy, Copper/Leadcore

Like Algebra there are other ways to solve the problem, but when in doubt go back to order of operations.

CC

PK,

Here are some stats on wire with a dipsy running at 2.5 mph from the Oak and Precsion Trolling.

Wire back 210'/ dipsy on #2 setting/sppon - depth is 70', wire back 210'/dipsy on #2 setting/ Spin Doc/fly or spoon - depth is now 64'. Rule - running dipsy with a spoon - take amount of line out divided by 3 = depth, add a flasher -take amount of line out divided by 3 and reduce another 10% = depth.

Copper runs 20' down per 100 feet out running flasher with lure and 22' down per 100' back running spoon. To get 70 feet down you need 350' copper.

Copper - more $, larger more expensive reel, less resistance and more line out.

Wire - less $, special pole, more resistance (Dipsy) and less line out.

One more thing, if you run copper down the chute more times then not you will need to real in your copper to land a fish unless you have a 10 - 14 beam on your rig to enable you to land your catch at the back of your rig.

I run both depending on our program for that day. There are days when In run one wire and the put copper on a planner, there are days I do not run copper at all. I just gives you more options when fishing. This is just my opinion.

Shade