Cayuga 6/28

Got to Long Point at about 8:00, talked to Stinger at the ramp, gosh that's a nice boat! Shot over to Sheldrake and headed south to get out of the pack, most boats trolling I have seen yet this year. Wanted to watch how the AP steered the boat going into some chop, 1st time actually fishing with it. Had a little trouble connecting w/ the fish at first, but Elliot and I got into them and actually ripped em pretty good, mostly a spoon bite off the riggers for us.Parked the balls at 40 and 60-70, NBK stinger and a green/white super slim, over 80-120 FOW at 2.1 down, got zip on the sliders today. One interesting moment; we jogged around John Gaulke(jigging) and after I got around him I turned kinda sharp to get back on my original course and both riggers and one dipsy all fired- TGFTAP! Only took 3 fish on the wires today, 1 on the M.Jackson, 2 on the Mtn Dew. Took a couple decent browns, lost a nice bow and a good spoon to some airborne tactics around the wires.(just realized the bow was the only fish that hit a slider spoon-scorpion size chicken wing/copper)

I used to loose way to many fish on Scorpian Stingers.

Now I replace the stock hook with an Owner ST-36 "super needle point" and I have to find other excuses when I lose one.

My only complaint is that I haven't found a source to by them in bulk, buying them 6 at a time at Bass Pro is making someone rich. ;)

Try "Captain Hook's, [http] " Unfortunately the hook held fine though, it was the flouro leader that gave ground to the Malin ss wire.The main line was on the inside and the cheater w/ the fish was on the other side, and then under it again and then...

I don't change hook sizes. The replacements are size 4 for the scorpians which are nearly identical to the original ones. I rarely change the hooks on the other size Michigain Stingers as I haven't had hook related problems with them (I do replace used hooks that aren't sharp any more). Hope this helps.