Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I replaced my X4 probe with a Lithium unit.
I bought the probe used off some fishing site (I don't remember which one).
It was part of an entire X4 unit.
I used the unit for the first time a couple years ago and it leaked, so I bought a new O-Ring set and put it away.
I didn't get a chance to try it out again until a couple weeks ago up in Wilson, and it still leaked.
I believe the problem is the nose cone, that has a pretty good crack in it. 
The cracks do extend into the probe itself but I don't think that will affect it as those cracks appear to be superficial.
When in Wilson the probe worked for about six hours before the batteries became water logged and died.
In my frustration, when we got back to the B&B the first thing I did was buy a new Lithium probe.
Problem solved.
Then my buddy pointed out that I could have just bought a new $15 nose cone from Fish Hawk and solved it for a fraction of the cost of a new probe.
Oh well.

Front Cup 1.jpeg

Hard Case 1.jpeg

Hard Case 2.jpeg

Inside.jpeg

O Rings.jpeg

Probe 1.jpeg

Probe 2.jpeg

Probe 3.jpeg

Probe Crack.jpeg

Edited by rswanson330
Forgot Pictures
  • rswanson330 changed the title to Fish Hawk X4 Probe with Hard Case and O-Rings - $150 - SOLD

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...