Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was lucky enough to get in to a batch of geese in the last couple of weeks. I would like to try and make some sausage out of some of it but before I run it thru the grinder I would like to check if for BB's. I ordered a cheap wand style detector off line and when it came it would pick up the plain steel shot but not the copper plated ones. Does anyone know of a good inexpensive metal detector that picks up copper well?

 Also if anyone has a good goose sausage recipe I'd love to hear it.

Posted
On 9/23/2026 at 1:44 PM, carpcatcher said:

I was lucky enough to get in to a batch of geese in the last couple of weeks. I would like to try and make some sausage out of some of it but before I run it thru the grinder I would like to check if for BB's. I ordered a cheap wand style detector off line and when it came it would pick up the plain steel shot but not the copper plated ones. Does anyone know of a good inexpensive metal detector that picks up copper well?

 Also if anyone has a good goose sausage recipe I'd love to hear it.

I'm a detector guy from way back.any detector cheap or otherwise should pick up those pellets. Check your settings. If you are near Ovid you can borrow my grandsons Garrett..

Posted
1 hour ago, Hop said:

I'm a detector guy from way back.any detector cheap or otherwise should pick up those pellets. Check your settings. If you are near Ovid you can borrow my grandsons Garrett..

Thanks for the info Hop. I'm actually down in central Pa so borrowing your grandsons isn't an option. I actually just ordered a Garrett pro point to try.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...