Species Breakdown: (Nada)

Hot Lure: (Green Echip/Green Fly)

Trolling Speed: (2.7 mph)

Boat Depth: (400 ft)

Lure Depth: (100 ft)

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got a bit of a late start due to the departing T-storms. Set-up over 90 fow in front of Port Bay and pointed the boat northbound. Marked some fish and bait hugging the bottom in 130 fow so I made a few passes through with no takers, so pointed the bow north again. Screen was blank out to 275, then an occational fish or baitpod between 75 and 100 down, out to 375 fow. Also starting at 300 fow began marking a TON of fish 250 to 350 feet down out to 500 fow where I turned and headed back to the 300 fow mark. On the way back I had the 100 ft rigger fire with nobody home. Tried riggers from 60 to 135 ft down, wires out 180 to 380 ft, and spoons/dodger-flies in green, white, pink, chartruese, silver, aqua, orange, purple, ??... The suspended fish just didn't want to bite today. ;( I wish I had some of those heavy duty riggers Billy V has so I could target those super deep kings!! ;) Saw several other boats out today, but didn't see any of them move any rods. Despite the lack of action, a beautiful morning on the Big O! 8)

I'm hoping to get out again at the end of the week...

Nice report Tim. Too bad they wouldn't go for you. Did you have a temp probe in the water? A buddy of mine was down near the silos today and did 4 or 5 Kings in that 130-200FOW area. He had his riggers & divers on the bottom and managed to pull a few out of there...nothing fast & furious but at least he moved some rods. Last time I talked to him he said he had 62 on the surface and 63 degrees down 140'!

Same out of the Genny yesterday, got 60 degree water all the down to 130 ft down. managed to pull 1 of those kings sitting on the bottom, nice silver 19 lb'er, other than that they were lazy. Did not venture out any deeper than 250 but the chatter on the radio was a steady bite of teenage kings and steelies out in 400 plus.

I ran out of Braddocks this morning and saw the same thing... more big hooks on the graph from 220 to 280 down than I've ever seen. The temp was 43 down 140 but all the fish were below 220. The were big hooks on the screen constantly from 280 out to 420 FOW.

I tried to run a 1 lb ball back on the wire 550 to 600 but no takers... anybody know how deep I was????

These conditions are TOUGH. Also FLEAS -- tons and tons. Don't even think about running a free slider.

We went 1 for 2 all morning -- landed a decent steelie that hit a 42 second Silver Streak on the 8 color leadcore.

Had a beauty of a mark down 125 in about 230 FOW that hit a magnum NK purple thunder out 365 on the wire. Lost it before I could grab the rod.

Came in around 12:30 when the skies over Braddocks turned black.

Good luck to all...

JAM

Hey Bill,

No probe on our vessel. :( Yet... :P Yeah, those temps your buddy reported sound right on. I probably passed him once or twice out there when I was working that water before I had to come in. If I could have stayed out there I probably would have worked those deep marks some more or slid back out to that 300-350 area where I marked some decent fish. I think I was over 347 ft when I had 3 fish on the screen 80-90 down. Have you been targeting those super deep kings this year at all?