Liquid Plumber Oswego Pro-Am

Team Liquid Plumber would like to thank A-TOM-MIK, Dreamweaver, and Torpedo Divers for their 1st place finish in the AM division at the Oswego County Pro-Am this past weekend. 8 of the 10 fish(10th fish was reeled in by the observer, who had a fishing license, after boxing out with our 9) were caught on an A-TOM-MIK fly/Dreamweaver Spin Doctor combination discovered during prefishing. The majority of the bites came on the dipsy rod with the new 19 strand Torpedo Diver wire we recently purchased. Of course all of the fish were caught on Tom's flies.

For those of you who want to know, the new 19 strand wire from Torpedo Divers does not kink easily, it does not "curl up" like the 7 strand, it is very easy to work with, and it is easier than the 7 strand to undo tangles due to its limpness. The only negative is it does gather more fleas than the 7 strand, not really bad, but the 19 strand does gather more than the 7 strand. Like we said though, this rod was hooked up most often.

Thanks to all who helped make this event happen as well as all the sponsors and we look forward to next year's event.

dp, Congrats on your fisrt place finish- Question-was your torpedo wire on the 4" spool ? reason I ask, I purchased 2 spools early in the year that were on the smaller dia spool. When I was at Capt Cove this past week, the makers of the wire ( via e-mail) said the initial batch that was made had many flaws such as kinks and frays. I loaded up one reel with it but as yet have not used it. I think one reason the fleas would load more, by looking at it with the eye, it looks smaller in dia than the 7 strand. It is much nicer to work with however from what I have seen.-Duane

Gents:

I have Torpedo Wire on both my Divers and both packages came on a 4" flat spool similar to what Seaguar leader material comes on. Yes, it seems to have more fleas and I have to get used to the smaller diameter (For whatever reason I don't seem to have the confidence in it like traditional wire.)

That being said, it ties very nicely and doesn't have the kinks like regular 7-strand. i did not notice any kinks in the wire, frays or other defects....

- Chris

Chinook,

Thank you. I do not recall what spool it came on, but we have not had any flaws in the wire we received. We have all positives to say less the little bit more of fleas gathered.

Our guess(really Team member Mark's) is there are more strands with more places for those fleas to get their tiny little legs and tail into.

Hi Chinook,

There is a notice on the torpedo divers website about the one batch of wire. It was about 3% of the wire in that batch that had flaws and it was mostly broken strands, you would notice when spooling it up, that was on the smaller diameter spool.

The customer service is very impressive with this company, if you have this issue just take it back you will receive a new one with no questions asked, a rare thing these days.

If you go to the website torpedodivers.com then you will see the notice right on the website.