Thinking of leaving boat in water @ Sandy Creek

I haven't been able to get out as much as I would like, wifes work schedule, & with the kids launching would be diffifult alone. I'm thinking of leaving boat in the water for rest of season. Any recommendations ?

What do you guys do as far as security out here (leave the stuff on the boat or take it with you), is theft a problem ? I know some of the guys at the river used to unload every night, which to me defeats the purpose of leaving it in the water.

Mike,

I'm not sure that it's a good idea to leave all your gear on the boat, no matter where you are. And I for one would never tell you on a public forum that my boat in particular is ripe for theft...I don't think anyone would want to advertise "free fishing gear" to every Joe Yahoo who stupids upon this board (no offense to our "regulars") :)

That having been said, I've not heard of massive problems at Sandy with stuff disappearing. Bruce does a good job with security. But there's always the exception. Hell, I just had a bottle of Fix-a-Flat, insect repellent, and a pack of smokes stolen out of my truck while kayaking the Genessee up near Scottsville. Go figure.

Even if you have to grab your rods and a few boxes of tackle, having the boat in the water makes it alot easier to get out, especially evenings as we get towards the Derby(s). Good luck.

Gator