Probe rigger issue

Seem to have problems running my depth raider coated cable on a Cannon Mag 10 w a 13# Pancake whenever I swivel the rigger out to the side .Should a depth raider probe rigger always be run straight out the back and not at an angle? The cable has chafed 2 or 3 times now and yesterday it got snarled on the retrieve because the cable was jumping around on the spool as it turned. The other side jumps around some on the way up too but the regular rigger cable doesn't seem to bother much.

I run torpedo weights and have no problem with my probe rigger swiveled to a 30* angle.[/quote

Chris, I am swiveling out 90*, but I am wondering if these pancakes I am using are creating mega resistance(they don't look like they would, but what would I know). If you run Cannon riggers, does the cable jump a bit on the drum on the way up, especially when you go faster?

chowdy the cable jumps because the cable going to the spool is off center,builds up on one side of the spoon till it slips off hump then jumps due to slack in spool on retrive ,then putting down it does the same due to slack ...that little ball hook thingy is also a line guide that helps a little in keeping the line centered on spool.... I aught to start a fishing service where ill come to your boat (boatcalls) and troubleshoot and fine tune peoples fishing programs....this also can help cause chaffing of coating ...bout the only thing you can due is manually guide wire on (not safe),slow down when retriving that one rigger (you might be surprised to what can happen at 2mph speeds and below),or do as cbish does (buy a fishawk)

Holy mackerel, I was talking w/ this guy who is supposedly a charter captain and he told me not to run the run the cable in the hook because it will wear the cable! Ray, which way do run them and do you have much wear on the coated cable (can't remember but thought you had a Depth Raider).

andy, my probe rigger comes up pretty smooth. I don't have any problem with my coated cable unless it is self inflicted. My probe rigger is my shallowest rigger in my spead. I have cannon 10A riggers. My probe rigger is about 8 years old. I don't use anything for a guide. My other mag 10's jump when being brought up. If you want to try one of my torpedo weights PM me.

Capt. Carl,my back still hurts from tossing in and retriving your 3 30" trolling bags to get you under 7 mph. Cosider your first lesson FREE ....speed, speed, speed ....your people skills is next ,giving the new guy on your boat a "purple nurple"in front of everyone just ant right..