Sandy Creek North Pond

Hi all,

I am looking for info or advice on the Sandy Creek North Pond area. Look like it is pretty central for fishing the east side of the lake. Slips are available adn we are thinking about getting one.

My buddy and I fished out of Henderson last summer and 1. it was a heck of a ride to get to the lake and 2. it gets hit pretty hard by the wind.

Thanks in Advance

Any info is greatly appreciated

I'm docking in north sandy pond this season, but this will be my first season there and I don't know that I have a lot of information. I was thinking Henderson originally, but for several reasons decided against it. In part by information offered by members of this forum. I choose Sandy Pond Resorts, but I got the only slip that was available. Website address is www.sandypondresorts.com

Chuck is the owner and seems to be a super nice guy. He may be able to help you find a slip in the area by giving you numbers of other marinas.

Another choice to consider is Mikes marina in the little salmon. Last I checked he had slips avail. I almost went there cause it was $300 cheaper but the wife wanted to be at sandy pond for the beaches, and chuck has showers, restrooms, grills & a picnic area along with water, electric and cable tv hook ups at the boat. Kind of a no brainer when you factor in the family.

Good luck. Let me know if you land in the area.

Rod K

Depending on what size boat you have.. I'd be hesitant about choosing Sandy Pond. It's a great area and ideal for a quick run to fish, but getting in and out of the pond can be a nightmare. My buddy has a cottage there and hasn't been able to put his 27' Amberjack in for two seasons because he doesn't want to churn through sand to get in and out. He also has a smaller Whaler that gets him by. There's been talk for years of putting in a breakwall and they've even purchased a machine to try to keep the channel open, but nothing's worked yet. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Guess they frown upon going through the inlet on plane, eh? :o Well, I'm a pond'er for the season so We'll see how a 24 fter does. Seems every place has a down side. Thanks for the insight, It's something I'll keep my eye on ( and hope I don't have to much trouble with). I'll have to ask Chuck about this.

Rod

I checked into this inlet depth question and here is what the owner of Sandy Pond Resorts had to say:

I own a 34ft. crusier with twin I/O's and have kept it here since new in 1999. I have always been able to get in and out. The sand bar out in front of the channel between Sandy Pond & Lake Ontario does require us to trim up and go slow mostly in late Aug., and Sept., but we have always been able to pass through. The channel was dredged last season and there is plenty of water in the cnannel itself - it's out in the Lake about 100 feet in front of the channel that you have to be careful in during the late summer. But, if you stay in the marked areas of the channel and just watch where everyone else is navigating through - you will be fine. We have many larger boats in our marina and all of us have been able to get in and out of the pond right up until the end of the season.