???'s about VHF/Fm band seperator

Recently got a new boat that has one of these seperators installed on the vhf antenna. The Fm fadio works fine but the vhf radio doesnt seem to transmit. We can hear people talking, but when we ask for a radio check theres no response. Didnt know if the seprerators go bad or what, never heard of a antenna going bad. We just installed a new vhf radio so I'm pretty sure its not the radio. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these devices or how well they work

They sell an checker that goes inline to check your ant. and output on the radio. I got mine at Boat US. Also just because the radio is new doesn't mean it's ok. My buddy bought a new radio and it didn't output, could only hear, like yours. He exchanged it for another and never had a problem.

I also read somewhere if you try to transmit a VHF without an ant. hooked up you could have a problem (blow something up inside??). Anyway if by chance you tried it before hooking up the ant. something may have gone wrong then. Just throwing a couple suggestions to check on if the USA/INT isn't the problem.

Spike

make shure you have it in the usa or (U) setting not( I ) international had the same problem till i figured that out.

Probably why my radio doesn't want to work, I have a sweet Raymarine radio and haven't used it all year because it doesn't want to work right, last year it worked fine something must have changed on it somehow, I swear some of my friends think thing on my boat are toys to play with. I'll take a look and check to see what setting it's on...thanks Ray.