TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):8/16/2009

Time on Water:6 am to 130 pm

Weather/Temp:Hot

Wind Speed/Direction:very little

Waves: calm

Surface Temp:72°F

Location:mostly west of the creek out in front of the pump house and down past the nose

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 8

Total Boated:8

Species Breakdown:2 coho about 3-5 lbs, 4 steelys 2-8lbs, 2 kings (25&22lbs)

Hot Lure: for the steel & hoes it was small NBK on DR 20 to 40 feet down. Kings it was spin fly white on white translucent fly not sure of make.

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.1 to 2.5

Boat Depth: most came in 90 to 150 ft and 1 king came in 350 ft

Lure Depth: spoons 20 to 40 down the 2 kings came on 150 and 220 out on the wire dipsys

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS I have only been out 3 times this year and this was my best day yet the other guys on the boat did most of the reeling and had a pretty good time. I could not get any meat rigs to fire today off the rigger with a big flasher or off the dipsys i dont know why thats fishing I guess I even ran slow down to 1.8 for awhile but no takers.

====================

CC

I spliced in some 10lb florcarbon and ran them back about 50 ft and that seemed to do the trick. They werent big fish but it kept the boat happy and the one decent steelie jumped about 8 times clearing the water and tail walking i wish I had a video camera for that one it was way cool!!! I was tempted to put the boards out but I guess I was to lazy to do it but I think I should have.

Didn't get on the water until after 6pm thanks to the 100 boats going in and out of the creek :o (I forgot it was a Sunday and 85 degrees out :@ )

Managed 1 small steel head down 60 over 150 and lost one skipper in 135 fow on a slider. Then I was starting to pull rods at about 8:15 and got one last shot on a decent fish that hammered me, broke water and then screwed across the back of the boat only to get off with a fierce head shake. Never got a look at him but would have been a fun fish to have fought a bit more :(

Marked a lot of bait in the 125 - 135 fow but didn't mark many fish other than a few up in the 20ft range :o Temp was 47-50 down 60 over 130 - 150 fow.

Lost a 12lb ball that snapped off on Friday's trip and then almost had the big disaster this evening when I let Gilligan aka The Mrs. drive the boat (while I reset rods) and make the sharp turn :swear: only to get my 10lb spare ball wrapped around my probe side :o but managed to get it all untangled without losing anything :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tom

It sounds like it was a very interesting weekend for you glad you got a couple fish. The creek and launch was getting creazy as I was leaving I dread when the fish start coming near the creek the wakos realy start coming out and hang all over the launch. Godd save on the probe and ball that would have sucked.