Flashers vs. Dodgers and Flies vs. Spoons

It seems as though I read more about flashers used as attractors compared to dodgers. Is it safe to say if targeting kings and steelhead flashers are preferred? Reasons?

The only flasher I typically run is a spin doctor (various sizes and colors). Does everyone else run a mix of spin doctors and other flashers? I also usually only run flashers with flies. Am I missing the boat by not running spoons behind these? If so, is the leader length similar to that for flies?

Finally, is it important for the flasher color to be similar to that of the fly and/or spoon? For instance, would you run any of the greenish color spin doctors with a blueish color fly or vice-versa? Or if its a greenish color flasher stick with a greenish color fly?

Thanks for the help!

VS - Flashers more popular now days due to being more speed tolerant. Spoon length 2 to 4 times longer than fly length as fly has no action by itself and spoon does. Plugs even farther as they dampen the flasher. With color you have to experiment. White goes good with everything

Tom B.

(LongLine)