Re: Raymarine

stinger

This quote came from a locked topic.

Rod,

I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience with Raymarine. They've been great to me this year as well regarding my X-5 Sportpilot which got recalled over the summer. I bought it through an online dealer who wouldn't support the recall - instead I was told to directly send my unit back to Raymarine.

When I called the support technician, he gave me his personal desk phone number, sent me a postage paid sticker to send the unit back and already reserved a "new" unit in my name once they receive my defective helm drive. It would have been easy for them to "pass the buck" to the retailer, but I was impressed with the support.

Thanks for sharing,

- Chris

Disclaimer - I have no personal or financial ties to Raymarine

Chris,.....I've been interested in that X5 to replace my existing autopilot but held back when the recall started earlier in the season. Just wondering if you would give us a post on the status of the X5.

Thanks

Stinger,

I just pulled the boat last weekend and Pugsley's Marine will be pulling my defective unit this week. I talked to a tech. and he said Raymarine has new units "ready to ship" once they receive the defective helm drive in the mail.

I'll keep you posted once I receive the new unit.

As far as the recall, apparently the autopilot can "lock" and you cannot manually steer your boat.....sounds kind of dangerous, but I took the chance and kept using it despite the recall coming out in July.

I'll keep everyone posted,

- Chris