Luhr Jensen Trolling Spoons, (Do they work?)

Recently I bought an older tackle box from a friend of mine that was loaded with tons of luhr jensen trolling spoons in every color of the rainbow. I was just curious if anyone uses them and if they work at all. I normally use michigan stigers.

Which ones? Luhr Jensen has had lots of trolling spoons over the past 30 years. To name a few: flutterspoon, alpena diamond, loco. All of them worked great back in the day and still work just as well today, they've just been used less as they were replaced by newer spoon brands and styles (fishermen just love buying shiny new toys, even if the toys they already have still work fine). I still run all of them from time to time and they still catch fish. Alpena Diamonds in particular are killer brown trout spoons. Every so often you'll see some hanging on hooks in small out of the way tackle shops that have been hanging there since the 80's and I always buy every one of them I can find when I come across them.

Tim

I have 5 alpena diamonds and several spoons that kind of look like a magnum michigan stinger in size and shape. Good to hear about the alpena diamonds though I plan to use them in the spring they are blue and silver. I don't understand why they stopped making that one if it works so well. Several people have told me the same thing about the alpena's.

Don’t believe a word these guys are telling you.6.gif

Those spoons are junk so the best thing for you to do is let me get them out of your way.3.gif

PM me with a place I can pick them up. Thanks6.gif

BTW,....Happy New Year. May the fish gods be with you and may your alpena diamond in 2010 .