Gander Muskie rods on deep discount now

In case anyone needs a new rod...Was at the Gander Mt in Henrietta yesterday...they have a bunch of IM-7 and IM-8 guide series muskie rods on major sale- under 40 bucks, clearance-

not beefy enough for mag dawgs but some were goodall around rods (3-4 oz range, I think). I'd have picked one up if I hadn't just spent over double that elsewhere last month for my big bait rod :o

They also have the Pete Mania Musky Rods on sale at Bass Pro right now. I picked up one earlier this year and another recently and Joe picked up 1 as well. What a HUGE difference they made for us this year. This was the same rod that Capt. Mike Sperry uses. Worth every penny.

:yes: those Maina rods ARE nice for the price. in fact they have one less now :lol: I think it was like $70. looks like only the ones on the shelf now- no longer on the BPS website.

But at $37, they're practically giving those Gander rods away. sock one away for that price. :clap:

You are right Nitro.... they are gone off the BPS website now. I know they also have the Pete Mania reels in stock at BPS for $55 as well (discounted again). They deeply discounted all rods/reels with his name on it. To my understanding now, BPS has come out with a new line of musky rods to replace the Pete Mania ones but I would think you would be hard pressed to find a better rod for the money. $37 at Gander is a steal...... you almost have to buy them just for the sake of stocking one away or to serve as a junk rod you let your not-so-skilled friends use when they come out with ya.