I'm planning to head up to Fair Haven tomorrow and camp at the State Park for a couple days. Is there an evening bite at all? Seems like if you aren't out there first thing before the heavy boat traffic, you miss the bite. I kinda doubt I'll be up early enough tomorrow morning with the 2:45 minute drive and then getting a campsite besides. I'll have Sun and Monday mornings to catch up though. What channel do most folks out of Fair Haven use, and how about a couple hot stick baits? Thanks, Ron

Ron- Last night the action started to pick up a little as the sun started to go down. I think you will do well in the afternoon if you stay out later. Smithwick Rattlin Rogues in firetiger, black/silver, and blue/silver have been working best for us. I'm positive any stickbaits will do just well because the fish are really gorging. Channel 8 and 68 seem to be popular.

We will be out tomorrow am and possibly Sunday am. Good luck. Hope to see you out there.

Al

Shellback,

There has definitely been an evening bite, although the water color is beginning to clear up with this nice weather, so that may slow the inshore bite down jut a bit.

Hot sticks for us have been Dave's Ka-Boom shiners in firetiger and black/silver. Also J-9 Rapala's in GFR, charteuse, and black/sil.

Channel 5, 68, and 72 are the channels you'll find most of the local chatter on.

We'll be up tomorrow afternoon and then again Sunday afternoon and all day Monday. Feel free to give us a shout.

Good luck!

Bill

Bill,

I was reading your post and I went out today and got most of theose stick baits at Gander Mtn. Boy was it picked over though, found most of the list King Me put up in his previous post. The one that I could not find was the Billy Borrow, what is that. Got a call from Woody184 tonight but I wasnt home will try to get ahold of him tomorrow. Wanted to get out tomorrow but got to rewire my boat. Got it out in Canandagua lake today for the first time with me as the owner, so watch out guys "The Big Ugly" is in the water and on the hunt.... I hope to get out on Sunday in the morning. Am going to go out of Bear Creek and troll to Genae Power plant and back. A guy that I work with said that it was hot up there yesterday. His son went up there and caught 20 browns, I was impressed since I have yet to boat a fish.

Woody5442

Billy Baroo is an old Jr. Thunderstick model that was a big hit here on Lake O, but not many other places, so it was a limited run. Dave Storm just told me recently that he was going to paint up some of them on his Shiners and make them available in our area. When I hear more from him about them I'll be sure to post it here.

Best of luck to you this weekend!