Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
traveling man

any body ice fish port bay?

I'm looking for a new place to try and would like to try port bay. i have fished fair haven a lot but the perch seem to run small there. How is the access to the ice?

Access is good both at the south end boat launch and the north end by the lake. However, the ice at the north end has been real sketchy this year, so exercise caution if targeting there. It can be good fishing off Tompkins Point. I haven't been out on Port Bay yet this year, as I have been targeting Sodus.

I'd stay away from the north end until we get a solid prolonged freeze. It hasn't been safe ice all season. Tompkins Pt is sketchy at best too after this warm weather.

here ya go, and like they said be careful where you go there the ice this year has not been the best because of a that snow we had on top of it and with that warm up it did not help things so give it some time to freeze up now that the snow is gone.

http://demo.geogarage.com/noaa/?lat=43. ... 29&zoom=15

Thanks for the link. I will wait a week or so before i head there. is there any access by tompkins pt or negrohead pt? if not what will the walk be like.

negrohead pt
is now called Graves Pt & privately owned property. Walking distance isn't to bad from the state accesses. Feel free to pm me if you need ice conditions or more info before you fish it.