Went out 6 am headed east marked a few fish running away from boat 20-25 fow. The cold water moved in, couldnt find any good waters or takers so headed back to Sandy to fish in the creeks mud ploom. Caught 1 small steelie and two 5+lb browns in 8 fow with nk spook with glow ladder nk green frog and nk watermellon. Only able to fish for 3 hours but worth the effort.

Hey bandit, got out there this morning too, did one brown, nice smallie and a big perch, after trolling for a hour or so i got sick of trying to control my little boat out in the lake so i went and casted the yacht club and lost what i think was a walleye at the boat, has anyone ever cought a walleye at sandy? Im 95% sure it was a walleye, stayed on the bottom till the boat and i didnt get the best look at it but im sure it wasnt a pike, if it was a bass it was the biggest bass i ever saw. If anyone has ever cought a walleye in sandy let me know. Thanks

Doug

Doug,

Very well could have been. Last years Spring derby, we were launching at 1st lite. Dude on the dock caught about 8 - 10 lb walleye about 15 minute before we got there. Yeah right, doesn't the guy lift up a stringer with it. And NO, he wasn't signed up - no money but a nice catch.

Then again, could have been one of those big fat goby eatin' sheephead !!! :P