Big Gull Lake

fishbone

• 4 months later...

I'm back from a week at Camps Cove. I was very disappointed in the fishing. It was meager at best. Very low numbers and small to dink in size. This is definitely a very over fished lake. The guy in the next cabin fished other lakes (trailering) in the area because, as he said, "I never do well in Big Gull". Another cabin said my catch was as expected and fishing was better than last year.

There were large flies biting (not the dreaded black flies, but some kind of large brown jobs) during the afternoon, and the herds of skeeters at dusk.

Camps does 'nickle and dime' their customers. I'm surprised there wasn't a footage meter on the TP roll.

This trip was not worth the gas up and back, not to mention the cabin cost.

This was my first and last trip to Canada for fishing.......way over rated.

• 11 months later...

I will be heading up there the weekend after labor day to a private cottage. I'm not sure where it is on the lake but any information on good places to look for some walleyes would be help out alot. Also i have a lowarance lake insight gps unit, does anybody know if that lake is pre loaded on the unit or will i have to buy a SD card with lake on it. Good luck when your up there