Flasher and Flies?

Do you guys use flasher and flies on the finger lakes just like on Lake Ontario? I havent done any fishing on the finger lakes but I do some on Sacandaga lake for Rainbows but have never had any luck with flashers. I have some dodgers and spin doctors to use with normal great lake flies. I tried and 8" flasher with a smaller salmon fly once without any hits. I also have some Lake Clear wabblers but never have any faith in running them. I do much better with Mooslook wabblers and Michigan Stinger Scorpions.

Agree with everything said. Also those "beer cans" or "christmas trees" or whatever you call them with those green "popcorn" about 18" back work pretty good too for Lake Trout. Once in a while I'll go after 'em with flashers and live Sawbellies about 18" behind the flasher.

I here walleye has been pretty good a the Sacandaga Reservoir. You ever fish for them at the Reservoir?

Walleye can be kind of tough. We catch them right in with the rainbows while trolling spoons close to the bottom structure (30-35 fow) Ive never seen anything with any size come out of there but have caught a few over 20". Seems like we catch a lot around 15-16". I think someone could do pretty well drifting live bait on structure but ive never tried it.