Question about fishing at Lake Conesus

Hey Anyone,

I'm curious which fish would be wonderful to target at this time of year? I'm just waiting until the ice-out at lake so I can fishing for anything that hit my hook.

After surfing this website and i believe that Tiger musky and Smallmouth bass are great to catch at this time of year. Anyone can confirm this for me?

Any advice would helpful for me..

Thanks

Now that pike , walleye and tiger muskies are off limits, the only thing left to fish is Conesus is gills, bullhead, crappie, perch and catch and release for smallies and Largemouth. The smallmouth fishing can be awesome on this lake if you know where to find them. Not huge numbers but the average fish is heavy. 4-6lb. smallies are taken out of Conesus by the bass guys every season. 4-7 lb. largemouth are taken too.

Allright, thank for the info.

I been dying to catch 5 pound smallmouth bass out of that lake.

From where I grew up in Mass, there is no smallmouth bass around except couple hundred miles away from my home. I never have chance to catch them. I guess I hope this year will be my luck If I do anything right to catch them that size of bass.

Do you have any more advice on which lure that I should use to catch smallmouth bass? or there is same kind of presentation fishing as largemouth bass to fish for smallmouth bass?

Thanks again!