Cayuga 3-21

As I walked in the door today returning from a business trip to NJ, my 13 yr old son asked..."Can we go fishing?" How could I refuse.

I made a call to confirm my suspicions on where the fish were at and headed out the door at 4:30. Drove around the bottom of the lake and on up to Taughannock. Launched, squeezed to the right under the bridge and headed north.

Made one short pass north, toplining with stickbaits, made a u turn and we doubled up on the LLS. This was his first LL. He boated it without the net. When I got mine in we saw his was at least half again as big. Had a beer belly. We released both. No weights or measurements but mine was a 12-14 incher and his was near legal.

We headed in after not finding them again. We were pretty cold by then, but a great day. He much prefers the fast action of perch and bass, but trips like these help to wet his appetite for the open water techniques.

Sorry no pics..

Sounds like a great father/son trip to me. :yes: My 12 year old caught his first salmon last Fall off TFalls and it really ignited him.

We took a family trip to the Falls Friday to hike the gorge and picnic...I had to bring a couple poles to work out the arms from shore for a few minutes knowing full well with clear skies and calm water it would be dead at 2 in the afternoon. Plenty of shore and boat anglers Friday, but at that time of day it looked quiet for everyone.

Greg