NYS parks may not be open??

I heard a disturbing rumor the other day when I called up to my Marina and they said that Selkirk Shores among others may not be open tbis year due to a budget crisis. How true is this? I know that last year they cut down on their personnel and quit maintaining the beach front, but a complete shutdown would kill my fishing season. I spend close to 30 days a season camping at Selkirk. You can't beat the price or the location. The amount of money they must pull in from May to Oct. Ijust can't see how they would make a decision like that.

Thanks for posting that L&M. I believe the beach was closed last year at Selkirk as well. That's not too bad for me as long as we can camp their. It's really a shame for all those that want to swim there though. Plus alot of those other parks and historical sites not being open. Just a damn shame. We are facing a similair crisis down here in Pa. I think the county I live in was listed as one of the most corrupt in the country and we even made the news an 20/20. We were also fortunate to see alot of these people recently resign and also plead guilty to numerous charges for corruption, bribery etc. It's about time we start cleaning house with some of these corrupt politicians.

Just today I read in the paper (DnC) that NY state senators came up with a plan to open all the parks anyway.

In election years they want your vote,not your wrath.

it all sounded like a bunch of baloney from the beginning to me.the libs like to threatin and scare to get there way. wouldn't doubt to see local govs. take over some parks and launchs as which already happened at i-bay and braddocks yrs. ago.braddocks is privately run now tho i believe. the cost usually goes up a couple buck but at least there still open.