Life Jackets

I am so thankful for for all of the knowledge that I get from this website. I have noticed that all of the recent pictures indicate nobody is wearing lifejackets. New York is hurting for $$$ and Shelly Silver :devil: and the Albany crew will take it any way they can. I wouldn't want anyone to get nailed for not wearing a lifejacket while underway (including trolling) before May 1st. Just a thought, while admiring all your catches. :beer:

I noticed that too, so i dug up a letter i got at the recent boat show from the Coast Guard Aux.:

Here is the wording of the new law:

No Owner or operator of a pleasure vessel less than 21 feet, including rowboats, canoes, and kayaks shall permit its operation, between November first and May first, unless each person on board such vessel is wearing a securely fastened US Coast Guard approved wearable personal floatation device of an appropriate size when such vessel is underway.

Failure to wear a life jacket on such vessels will be considered a violation under section 73-c of the Navigation Law and is punishable by a fine of not less than $25 nor more than $100, applicable to either the operator and/or the owner of the vessel.

I too notice the lack of jackets, they must all have large boats.

$25 that's 2 S/D and flies I wouldn't give that up.

I bought inflatables for my dad and I this year. they fit well over a large coat and so small you forget your wearing it. Although the warning says not intended for temps less than 40 F. :o They inflate slower in cold temps. I'm glad I read the Warning on this one. Atleast I know what to expect.

Remember, big brother says:

-You will wear a seat belt

-Your children will wear helmets on their bikes

-You will not smoke

-You will not bare arms if we can figure out any reason

-You will not be fat (http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/consumer/a/aathinner.htm)

-You will not eat salt (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_n ... 100310-akd)

-You will wear a helmet on your bike as well

-You will have the health care we want you to

Is anyone surprised about life vests? This 4th of July, wear black and mourn for a good idea which has met its' match...Uncle Sam kicked liberties butt...