Total Boated:2

Species Breakdown:Coho

Hot Lure: Orange Dreamweaver Dodger/ custom tube fly

Trolling Speed: 1.7

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 62'-68'

Lure Depth: 20'

====================

Took father-in-law out (newbie) and brother in search of cohos for dinner plus Kings and lakers for fun. Someone did not tell the fish! I explained to my father-in-law that because of the east wind, we probably were not going to catch much. True to form.......east winds make for a tough bite. Ran a spread of dodgers/flys on bottom for Lakers......nothing but streaking. Plenty of hooks to fish over. Moved out a little deeper near a slick with debris and found some cohos. For some reason the cohos only wanted a orange dodger/fly stacked off a rigger at 20'. Could not get anything else to go. Frustrating day. Did see some nice mid-range hooks that looked like Kings, but couldn't get them to bite. So after explaining the intricacies of why an East wind sucks to my father-in-law, we proceed back to shore only to be greeted by Northfork Charters with a Mega box of Kings, Atlantics, Cohos, and browns :P Oh well, thats fishing.

fishpictures4-3-10009.jpg

fishpictures4-3-10010.jpg

====================

We were fishing a no name pen yan in the same area and had similar results. 55 over 69 picked up 2 lakers on purple mag 5. One small steelie on the same spoon. we ran different doc/flies combos and 20 spoon, repalla,and cut bait pattern and all three fish hit on that one big ugly spoon. You would have an easier time figuring women out than these fish. It was a great weather morning.