i think i found a new spring home this place is so hot now it even makes me look good ,two rods alone 3 double kings before sunrise then i put out my 10lb test brown rod almost a mistake with a 20lb class king tied me up for 20min with a good 400ft run maybe longer that went on for about 2 hrs then the cohos and steelies took over pulled off the 45/46line and ran west to the 53line over 180ft things started a little slow till about 2 oclock the lake went flat sun out and that little fly (bug) hatch started and the surface came alive with cohos big like 10+ lbs i had several hit the spoon just draging on the surface 30 ft behind the boat i must of went one and a half hours seting one side and reeling in the other glad i have electric riggers,took off for port at 545 and fish were on the surface almost all the way back to olcott 5 miles it was one of those you should of been there days i think someone stuck a fish magnet on the backof my boat hope it stays there for the seneca derby,oh yea the bait was so thick in olcott port /creek there was a wall of bait comming out of the water as i left the dock all the way to the lake in front of the boat that alone was pretty awsome,,,,,,,,, early bite started in 130ft water60 and 70 ft down purple glow spoon (silver horde,)at 70,,, blk/silver(thanks king me)northern king28 at 60 ft ,gold NK lite blank dimpled w or ladder on back w,yellow eye(BILLY) sgl hook1,0 size on slider worked all day in that green water, afternoon silver with yellow stripe on one edge (sunny) and gold sammy pac with yellow stripe 64 and 80 ft down same slider setup i tossed a lot of stuff at them today no spin dctr bites ,no 00dodger fly bite good day to experment stuff that worked last wknd was dead today even with all the fish kept comming back to these few colors and bam they just kept hitting these colors talk about fussy no real trolling direction take that back almost all kings were going west ,cohos and slider bite wernt fussy about direction just locked wheel in big circle and they pretty much hit it as fast as i droped it down....TOM where were you the fish were biting,the fish were biting even saw a couple dead racoons on the way home kinda looked like you went that way another short day 13hr on the water my feet, fingers ,arms,legs hurt from reeling and setting poles,not to mention sunburn on the solar panel (bald spot) :$

Ray,

I know that you were looking for someone to go out with... sounds like you had a great day. I didnt read your post till yesterday morning at about 4 am :( , couldnt sleep, and couldnt go out on my boat I think its too small to go out on the lake unless the waves are less than 1 ftrs but I was thinking about making the 1 and a 1/2 drive to go out with you :D Wish I would have now....

Anytime you need someone let me know I want to get out there and learn all I can. Its kind of hard unless the lake is calm only have a 17 ft boat and get tossed around if its not. That goes for anyone that needs someone to go out with.

Like I said got out once last week on Wednesday out of Bear Creek in Wayne Co. Tried a green glow frog on a chartruce Spin Dr a rigger. Had a watermelon on a green Spin Dr. Had 2 stick baits out. Marked lots of fish in 40 fow marked one at 30 ft raised the rigger and bam it went off, only fish of the day, but wanted to stay on the bottom, but lost him.

Well anyway you know you had a good day when you come home sore... :lol:

Ray sorry I couldn't attend. Grandson got dedicated in the AM then I met my friends out in the canal and hammered the large mouth for a few hrs then headed down to FINALLY GET MY BOAT :D:D:D:D !! Arrived in your neck of the woods (Bath) at 9pm. Rob did a great job on the boat and I will put up some pics. I will finish the rub down/wax job and have all the tackle in the boat by Tuesday night and will be out of Sandy Creek on Wednesday in the AM and then maybe again in the PM, might be a solo job for me in the AM then the wife in the PM (love those 2 extra rods).

Glad to hear you hammered them.

PS. I did get another "COON" 6 days 20hrs later on my way home about 2 miles from the house. It ran out across the street and I just crushed it with car and trailer :shock: :roll: