Guess we weren't the only ones to get invaded by the bugs out by the red can over the weekend. My question is have any of you guys found a solution to keeping them away? Anyone tried a therma cell? My friends use them for mosquitos during archery season, just wondered if they would work on those little pesky nats..didn't think to bring one to try. Only way we could get rid of them was to go 30mph!

Dryer sheets. We placed a few throughout the cockpit and the bugs refused to enter the boat. Saturday was horrible with those bugs!! Made sure I had the sheets on the boat for Sunday.

when those lovely hatches happen its a pretty good time to have some topwater stuff out and look for the "scumlines" the steelies love em and the cohos have been known to come to the surface for a fun time too..if its calm enuf you should see fish rolling on the surface (feeding) saying come get us.

PS: Just remember thos big steelies have soft lips so enjoy the fight (loose drag not too loose) and a good net job is a must (Jason) they can comeback alive near the boat and 1 swipe is all ya get sometimes..if you try to lift the head out for a clean net swipe too hard you will remember this post real fast and have a nice set of lips for dinner.... ;(