Billy V Report - Wilson May 12th

What a difference a day makes! Wait, that sounds familiar....

Last night the wind blew hard from the East and when we got out to the lake we were greeted with 5-7 footers and dark blue death water - basically a freezing cold liquid desert. We couldn't go much further than right out the front door given the rough seas so we slogged our way out to 120 FOW and set up. In between customers chumming we managed to boat a few Cohos and even a nice 5 lb Atlantic. Spoons took all but one of our shots today with that same Dreamweaver SS Midnight Special going three times on a 45' rigger. Our other bites were on a Steelie Dan and our new NK WHAT!?!?? spoon. We did manage one nice rip on a diver out 150 on a .5 setting pulling a Green Plaid Pro-Chip pulling a Sigg's BVGG, but we lost it after a few minutes.

Today was a real tough day to be on the water, but the guys really wanted to go - so we went and gave it our best shot. I would have rather re-scheduled for another day but sometimes you just gotta go. I have a few pictures that I'll post later but the internet connection here is really slow and it takes forever to load them, and we have a double tomorrow and I need to get to bed. For now, here's a link to a short video I shot of the waves we were in. It really doesn't do it justice - I think I shot it at the flattest time all day!

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23qik

Hopefully tomorrow is more like the day before was. Lake Ontario was a humbling place to be today.

Bill thanks for the twitter post I enjoy reading the real time reports from my blackberry. I was working up in Wilson the other day and seen a few boats out working the green water so I got on and seen the you were crushing them. It was cool but I would be a lot cooler if I had your job!

You’re not suppose to text and drive but looks like the only thing you’re hurting is the salmon so Keep up the TW post

thanks

Doug