Questions about slide diver set up? 2 parts

I will be usuing my slide diver set ups for the first time this weekend. I have two Okuma Catalinas spooled with 300yds of 50lb power pro and 30 yds of 25lb big game mono. Should I tie a barrel swivel off at the end and put a few feet of flourocarbon leader? Should I use a bead before the barrel swivel? I have used Dipseys on wire line many times but it seems that I hear the ligh bite account for alot of fish before the fleas set in. I'm looking forward to cashing in on some of that action this year.

The other question I have is what is the ratio on braid vs. wire. I know it's almot 3 to 1 with wire. What kind of numbers are we talking with braid? As always I appreciate the feedback.

I use slide diver tops w/ a mag dipsy bottom & weight as my main wire diver setup. On these rigs I use a rather short 30lb flouro 'slider' leader (18'). After I thread on the sd, I use a bead in front of a high quality swivel (throw the cheap thing that comes w/ the diver out!) and then I use a 2-3' stretch of 30lb flouro to a big coast lock snap for my flasher.I usually run these out on a setting of 1.5-2.0

I also have a pair of super braid sd rigs I use for running spoons higher in the water column. The 20lb floro 'slider' leader I use on these setups is pretty long (50'+). For these rigs I use the reg size sd as it comes out of the package w/ and w/out the largest ring. On these I also slide a bead after threading on the diver and then tie on a high quality swivel, then a 2-3' 20lb flouro to a high quality 30lb+ ball bearing snap swivel. I usually run these out on a setting between 3 and 6.

I always add beads to both slide divers and slide diver light bites before I tie on good quality ball bearing swivel. I then use leader back to spoon or flasher setup. I put slide diver on 30lb big game mono tied to both Power Pro and wire setups. When I'm running wire I use slide diver heavy weight instead of the standard. I've been running them 3+ years without any issue's.

for my slide diver rig i put the slide on the power pro then tie on a swivel and then add 8 ftish of mono ya might have to customize the rubber line holder if ya get some slippage but with my 65lb pp its never slipped,,i leave this one rod set up just for this applacation for savingsetup time when i use it. that way you can let out 1 to 300 ft line set diver and let out for desired depth (remember line count or reset to "0" and let out diver... as a general rule P.P. has very close to wire dive ratio approx 3 to 1 at 2.5 mph but due to the extra drag with long leader it does effect depth ratio..i like a green dolphin with 100 ft or more line out set dypy and drop back another 80..makes for a fun steelie setup quite often youll see them clear the water after hitting spoon before dypsy trips..ya might set the hook just a"""""" tad """"""after hookup as due to long leader you dont get as good of hookset like you do with standard dypsy release or rigger release...not a top producer (slidediver) but is a good tool if huning big steelies....

Thanks for the responses guys. I went to their website and was a little disappointed to see that the Sd does not dive nearly as deep as my deeper divers or original dipsey divers. I guess this will be more for steelies and cohos then. Not that there is anything wrong with them. I just thought i could get a little deeper than what number were listed. Hopefully, I'll get a few fish this weekend while using them.

If you drill out the bottom of a Walker or LJ mag dipsy and substitute this for the slide diver bottom it will perform exactly like a reg. mag dipsy. I secure the Walker bottom to the slide diver top w/ a pair of small self tapping screws. This is not a complicated job and when you are done you have a slide diver setup w/ a mag dipsy depth curve AND no long leader when you get the fish to the boat. I don't even use regular dipsies any more now that I've got this hybrid setup.