Species Breakdown: all lake trout

Hot Lure: NK Watermellon cowbells; Chartreuse cowbells with spin and glows

Trolling Speed: 2.0-2.2 sog

Down Speed: 1.8-2.0 mph

Boat Depth: 90-110 fow

Lure Depth: on the bottom

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Fantastic day for lakers. Not much to say other than I fished solo and stuck with a laker program. I fished two riggers the whole day and couldn't keep them in the water. Fished on the bottom the whole day - hottest depth was 100 fow in front of the power plant (line the stacks up going north). Trolling direction didn't matter at all. Fished each rigger with a cowbell/spin n'glow and cowbell/peanut set-up. Cowbell colors were NK watermellon and an old Chartreuse set-up I haven't used in probably 5 or 6 years. Both the peanut and spin n' glow were chartreuse with a pink tip. I had the whole lake to myself out there on a great night.......

Biggest fish was 17.5# - all the fish went back and all were very,very healthy (only one lamprey mark on one laker which I thought was great). FWIW - I didn't mark many fish in the upper depths but it does look like a thermocline is setting up and the water is starting to stratify (The surface temp was in the mid 50's and down temp was 42 deg. at 100')

Good luck to all,

- Chris

====================

Mdryer,

I don't run anything behind the spin n- glow other than a 1/0 treble hook. I use a leader between 18 and 36" between the cowbells and the spin n'glow and I run three red colored beads in between the treble and the spin n glow. I run the same thing for the peanut.

I don't fish for lakers much (used to 5-6 years ago) but that's all I'm catching this year b/c the salmon fishing has been very slow for us.

Good luck,

- Chris