a little hot!!!

this year i went through all my lures and sold what i didn't use and kept my favorites. i had 120 crankbaits and jerkbaits and this was way to many to fish in a season so i ebayed most of them. during this time i wanted to upgrade to alot of the lures i used and was also interested in. first order i placed was for some wiley crankbaits. i love to fish them and they do well for me, always have. i am a huge fan of wiley cranks in all sorts of sizes and styles and would recommend them to anyone. this order was placed in march in hopes of getting them for this season and most importantly for the opener at chaut and i knew it would take some time. on the wiley website it says 6-8 weeks to get your lures. since then i have also placed orders through muskietrain, for musky rockets and some talonz slashers. i have recieved all but the musky rockets and that order was just placed last week and their customer service is as good as jones bait from wv is, as the best i have ever seen in any sort of business. i emailed wiley b/c it has been 9 weeks and haven't heard anything about my order. it took 10 days and 2 emails for them to get back to me letting me know that i may not get them before 6/19. in the original order this was my request and they were aware of this when i placed the order. i am hot b/c the comminication is horrible from wiley (every other company either ships fast or is in good contact w/ you) and shipping times are way over the 8 week max it says on the website. if you are looking at wileys for this year dont even think about ordering through him. i am not sure if i want to tell him to cancel my order or what. is he too big to keep up with orders? this should be told to his customers that he doesn't worry about the smaller (couple hundred $ orders) fisherman and only caters to large commercial orders getting tons of baits for resale. i have enough other lures that i can run instead of wileys. my question is should i be pissed about this or not? would you be? i dont know if i will ever order from him again after this. if he can't get them to me before 6/19 thats 4 months (16) weeks, thats 2x as long as he said it would be if he can even get them to me by then which he doesn't even think he can. i know he may be busy but come on.

if they are going to offer them direct then they need to be prepared to treat each customer like its their only one. size of the order is not a valid reason for poor customer service or at least poor communication. you have a right to be pissed

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Most muskie lure mfg's get a lot of store orders in March & April and are very busy. Ordering is best in November & December for fastest turnaround.Other muskie lure mfg's from Ellwood City ,PA sometimes take as long as 12 months to get an order!

I know that Dale Wiley does not skip any steps in his proccess of manufactoring to speed any orders out the door,lure bodies are cut from blanks by hand on a lathe,lures must hang with seal coat to dry as long as two weeks,then they are painted with each coating having drying time,finaly the hardware is added,could take three weeks to do one batch of crankbaits! How many batches were ordered before yours and what size crankbaits was he building?He builds by size working to the biggest and then back starting at the smallest.If you missed the smaller size building and he was one size above yours it may be 4 to 5 weeks before he gets back to your size and then another 3 weeks in the whole proccess after that.You will be happy with the final product when they do come!

Capt. Larry

i heard he has a lure duplictor. it copies an existing lure and shapes it from that original lure so there is no more hands on with the lathe. i know he is busy but contact me and let me know whats going on. i love his lures and have learned for next time to order well before hand (the fall ahead of time), i just thought i had enough time to get my order for 6/19. larry- i ordered all shapes and sizes and maybe that put my order behind.