Lead core set up

You should be able to find a lot on here by searching thru previous posts. Go thru them & get back to us w/ specific questions -we'll be glad to help (just don't want to reinvent the wheel) -Andy

My basic setup:

Okuma cv55 (or Daiwa 27/47 for shorter cores) w/ 300yds Super braid to core (w/ albright) to 100' 20lb floro (w/ albright) to swivel (palomar) 6' floro to snap

I use 7' Ugly stik rods in med or med heavy depending on number of colors.

I'm not sure I'd recommend the Okuma cv55s anymore (quality control problems).The Okuma Clarion or Catalina would probably be a better choice for longer cores, though I haven't used them myself.

you want a reel that holds LOTS of line.. you might find a daiwa 47 even to be a little small. ypou need at least 100yards of mono backer. going into the core line. we use a single 10 color spool of lead, then about 50 feet of mono leader to the swivel. Mono we use is 25 lb. with 27 pound leadcore. works great for big bows in the spring to early summer. we still put it out now, but haven't got much action on it for a couple weeks now. Blood knots to connect lines.