Boat Name/Type: Bon Homme Richard

I fish for: Gamefish

==================

Name: Steve Mattern

Home Port: Genesee

Boat Name/Type: Bon Homme Richard

I fish for: Gamefish

==================

I have been away from trout and salmon fishing for the most part of twenty years. In the eighties and early nineties my Dad had a boat rigged up for trout and salmon primarily because of me. We spent a lot of time together and caught a lot of fish. My goal is to get my Dad (87 yrs old) out fishing at my expense the way he did for me when I was younger. He is a little shaky on his feet so he will be the wheel man unless we have less than a foot chop.

I am fishing out of the Genessee and docking at Shumway Marine. The 24' Thompson hard top we will be fishing from has very high sides to keep pops in the boat. I quit my Thursday golf league and will now be on the water every Thursday aft/eve instead! It's got to be less stress, right!

A lot has changed from the days of j-plugs and evil eyes, but this site has been HUGE in catching me up with the latest gear and techniques! I am looking forward to fishing divers with steel line (had a great lakes dipsy rod with a 47LC in storage) and lead core. If that works for me I will certainly try copper.

Cheers to all the contributing LOU members you make this a phenominal site! :beer:

P.S. Is it bad luck to change a boat name?

Welcome to the site Steve. Glad you finaly seen the light. ;):D Thursdays & Mondays are generally the calmest out there. A bit of advice: if the "old man" picks out his favorite lure from years ago, DON'T change the hooks!

You can change the boat's name but there are cermonies, rituals and spells to invoke first. One involves running backwards around the boat three times. A little difficult to do if you're docked at Shumway's. (but not impossible)

Good luck,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Welcome back to the other side :clap: Its great to see Pops will get back on the water, a really nice thing to do, and I'm sure will produce lasting memories :yes: . (Don't forget the camera). Keep us posted and good luck. And changing the boat name Hmmmmm. I have to skip onto the boat, and spin three times, so i'm not the guy to ask. 8)