Downrigger Cable on the cheap

Hi Gang,

I long ago ordered some downrigger cable from an outfit call Mcmaster's. They don't sell it as such and was wondering if someone could help me fill in the blanks like what it is called on their site and also what diameter I would need. It was like cents on the dollar compared to name brand cables.

Thanks,

Bob

i have no idea about McMasters but I do know about goping cheap! don't do it! It may be the dif between Chinese rubber and a known msp product, trust me I know! replaced bellows last fall and put my finger through this this spring, my falt going cheap! Use a known verified dealer/supplier . Boats as my son say's " bust out another thousand"

ted

I took a look at Mcmaster-Carr. They would call it wire rope but I didnt see anything that has the same wire diameter and the same strength as normal 150# downrigger cable. This part no#3461T6 is close but is only 125#...I think the .027 is the right diameter though. It about .07cents a foot. 200ft = $14. You can buy 200ft of cable from big john for $17.25 I need to replace the 200# cable that came on my used riggers. Good luck post a report if you find a smoking deal somewhere.

Chris