LAKE ONTARIO PRO/AM DERBYS............

Well the first (niargra)of 4 derbys is in the books with #2 (Orleans)(oak orchard) justa few days away. Then their is the Osweago,and the Wayne cty (Sodus bay) in july. I know in these tight money times money is "The Issue" for some , but when i think back a few years to our "First Derby" It was more the intamadation factor of getting into one of the biggets derbys on this great fishery.

So ya ant gotta be rich,nor do ya have to have the biggest and newest boat on the lake , and if you keep putting it off "till next year" it will never happen. So get a few guys togeather form a team and find out why so many mark these special days on their calander.

Our team has done as well as 4th all the way to dead last ,but thats fishing.

To see all the new friends we have met in the last few years at these events , and the excitement of the compatation and to share the whole "Derby Experiance" keeps us comming back despite our final scores.

So thank you to the guys and gals who keep this derby(s) alive and all the behind the scene and the volenteers that help make it a GREAT EVENT,

AND A SPECIAL """""THANK YOU"""" TO all the sponcers who make all this possable.

Ray K. team "PEGASUS"

p.s. looks like well be buying the donuts after our last derby with a perfect "0" score. :(

Very well said, Ray. For years, my Dad has preached-"its all about making memories" when referring to life in general. Although he hasn't participated in this fishery since the mid 80's, it still rings true. Just last week, a client looked at me and said, "well Vince, when its all said and done, all you really have is the memories you make, and we make 'em out here with people we care about." Also "magic moments". Thats another one of my dads sayings. It doesn't have to be fishing(but it often is), you only get so many of those in a lifetime. Team Hotline and am team "Wizzard" certainly experienced those Saturday. The Pro-Am events will give you both the best, and worst, but you will be ALIVE!

I echo Ray's sentiments, the same guys who want to "stomp on my kneck" during a tournament, have become very good friends. They are the same people who are truly happy for you when something good happens for you. They will regroup and "get 'em next time."

There is no better way to learn how to fish Lake Ontario than to fish the Pro-Am series.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS: pay attention in the Captians/Observer Meetings some boats were DQ'd sat due to rule infractions and sunday was a blowoff ,the rules are simple and if ya want a 1on 1 after the meeting someone will be more than willing to clarify any concerns you might have, also most of us who have done a few can answer most questions you might have or get you to someone who can answer your questions,,,

Ray K,

Don't leave the dock with out them getting the waiver slip even if they don't come for it like it says on there website under captains info, and do not rely on the observer to turn it in even know its clearly mark as one of his responsibilities on the back of the official observer log & score sheet No one came for are's and 530 came we where under way making way with no worries and came in with fish for a big fat DQ O-well would of only been 22nd place anyways. don't let em paper woop ya cuz if they can they will. TRUST ME I KNOW.