Brown trout fishing remains strong with some very good catches coming in. Fishing east from port from 4 mile point to the nuke plant has been the most consistant in 15 to 50 ft of water depending on the winds. Good news is quite a few big browns are being caught. We are regularly getting browns in the double digit weights class. The average weights of the two year olds are up as well.

Fishing with Michigan Stingers in natural patterns off lead core lines, slide divers and riggers has been the set up. Lead cores in 2 to 7 colors have been the top producers. Remember to keep your leads off your lead lines about 25 -30 ft for the best results. Lite bite slide divers and riggers have been hot as well from time to time.

Some truely big browns are out there as well we have seen fish up to 15lbs 12oz so far!

K3wji.jpg

15lb 6oz BT!!

ddwDi.jpg

15lb 12oz TOAD!!

Special thanks to all the guys from blue and red dock at Wrights Landing that helped me in getting the new windsheild on the boat! It was great to have such a great crew! I couldn't have done it without you guys! Thanks again!

That report you provided doesn't tell the whole story apparently. My crew and I fished the same water as mentioned in Pete's report and I will tell you that is dead solid info. Quantity and quality browns are there. You just have to keep up with the quick changing conditions. Here's Another 15# from Saturday.

8ee96801.jpg

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

So maybe the Oswego County Division of Promotion and Tourism is putting out bad information. But why would they do that? Aren't they there to BRING people to Oswego County. Even though I need to be there this weekend (hope the fishing is good), those reports sure don't make me want to fly on up to Oswego.

Maybe they're just doing a reality check and not putting to much icing on the cake

I've even hear a local charter or two pi$$ing and moaning about how the fishing stinks. Plus I hear a lot of one fish days. And that too wants to make you jump into the car! I guess we can partly thank our Gov. for letting someone stock the lake with the good ole Zebra mussel. If it weren't for them, we'd still have a fantastic fishery like we had in the early 90's, not just a good fishery

Sure hope the big Chinooks make their way to Oswego soon.

Nice fish by the way!

How many of those 15lber's have you caught?

Musky, I have heard that before. You going to Osceola this weekend?

No Gray, I'll be in Madrid, NY near Waddington for a bluegrass festival this weekend. Hope to be in Oswego for the Pro Am in a couple weeks though. Maybe Open Division this time.