Hot Lure: Orange lures

Trolling Speed: 2.4 knts

Down Speed: 2.2 - 2.4 knts

Boat Depth: 300ish

Lure Depth: 60 and up

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished late Friday from about 4- 8PM with Patty. We got word from Joe Toomey ( Irish Thunder) we might want to peek around 25-27N a bit west of port. Good suggestion! We set up two riggers ( 45 & 60)with free sliders and a wire rod out 210 and a, new to me, 500 copper out 300. Every rod took fish - 2 copper, 1 wire, the rest rigger bite. Spoons that worked were all orange - Getter Dun, Mixed Veggie, Orange Crush, and a silver spoon with orange tape on half and yellow tape on the other half with black dots on both. 42 Second Spinnie with a Atommik crazy **** took a nice king. One skip, 9# Coho, 2 teenagers, couple steels and fish of the day were 29 & 31" steelhead. Grilled up some chicken for a nice dinner on the boat.

6XXzS.jpg

LXxti.jpg

Bruce,

Friday evening we were also out there and very productive in only a couple of hours from 6-830 pm, we were around 24-26 line just west of port so we must have been right in the same area, 24 ft Penn Yan white and moroon. Nice night to be on the water.

Paul

Bruce it was nice to chat with you on the radio. Like i told you then we had great results also with the hoes and heads and early that day it was real wild as well. We did not do any kings but we were 25 for 31 on hoes and heads for the day. Mostly a spoon bite everything we put down took fish but some of the bigger fish came on the wire 150 to 210 out on spinny flys mostly white and translucent stuff. On sat morning we got blown off buy 930 but we did manage 2 decent kings 17 and 20 lbs on the wire 300 out in 250 fow with the same spinny flys we had out the day before. This by far was the best I have ever done since i started fishing lake ontario about 7 years ago.