Species Breakdown:Steelhead, Coho's, Kings

Hot Lure: Lemon Ice, Spinny, all Spinnys and Atomik Flies

Trolling Speed:2.6

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 180-300

Lure Depth: 30-70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Started out friday in 70 ft of water and couldnt get all the rods in the water before we reeled our first coho, start of a GREAT day and a half of fishing. Friday morning from 7-1 went 16-18 with a mix bag of coho's and steelhead all 6-10 lbs, nothing huge but kept us busy. A mix between riggers and dipsey's with the hot lure both days being lemon ice spinny and a matching atomik fly. Could not find a king in the morning and the screen was blank finished the morning with our best bite around 235 with riggers 30/50 and wire out 150-230.

Went back out around 6 pm and only having a few hours headed right back out to 235 hooked up where we left off with a triple with all steelies that were triplets at 10 lbs we started to angle for port and the starboard side rigger goes ripping line, as I start moving rods the left side starts firing and stripping out line uncontrollably. We boated our only two kings of the day a 26.8 and 22.8 lb kings. All and all a great day and we went in thinking tomorrow cant get much better.

Sat morning started out a little late due to some adult beverages the night before, got out around 6 and headed right back out to 235. Hooked up with a keeper steelie and then a starboard rigger hits again stripping out an excessive amount of line like the previous day, i said it would be nice to duplicate yesterday's last minute double and at that time the port side slams the wire., I grab the wire and could only hang on. About a min of straight stripping line the port rigger fires and an areial steelhead shows his face then 5 seconds later the right rigger fires with a quadruple on with two nice fish on the wire with only 3 people on the boat and nobody driving.were at a stalemate on my wire when he decides to make a run for the boat, I am reeling as fast as humanly possible and suffice to say he was a little quicker than me, I lost the battle and we boat the other king which is a 22.8 lb king again. We hooked op one more time with a mature king topping the scales at 22.4. The lake started to get a little snotty around noon and the skies were starting to look a little dark so we ended the trip.

Only been on the lake fishing salmon for a few years now and have learned a tremendous amount from reading your outstanding posts from this sight and still have a lot to learn. This trip was the most productive and a great time especially with a few friends to enjoy with. We had several doubles, 3 triples and a quadruple, talk about stress on triples and the quadruple although a good kind of stress, looked like a circus on the boat. Everything we threw out took fish on the wire although lemon icespinny/atomik flie took around 10-12 alone with it being the deep at 230 down on a number 3 with the most productive water being 225-250. These guys have never caught anything this big so there are two fish going to the taxidermist. No issues all trip until we came in going around the breakwall the prop hit something pretty solid and chewed up two of the three and when I pulled the boat out of the water and put a wrench on the plug to pull it, the whole plug receptacle just snapped and out comes the plug/plug receptacle on the ground(anybody ever did this and how to fix?) otherwise a GREAT trip. Will post pics.

Sorry bout the long post

====================

cncd9.jpg

cneIi.jpg

Sounds like an awesome time. :clap::beer: Headed to the Oak in a couple weeks. Only the second time on lake O. any tips, where to go, east or west, trolling direction? ;) Hoping to catch fish as long as I can find them. small boat and no probe makes that the hard part.

Woody,

Boat is awesome, I just love how everything is set up in the boat, and handles very nice in waves, I added a 9.9 4 stroke kicker last year and upgraded to a 350(not by choice). How everything east of Rochester? We still need to get together, hopefully this year.

711Skwerlz,I see your down my way, we need to get together and make a trip up there, no expert, but I try to find the reports on water depth and go from there. This week didnt know much so just started in 70 fow and found fish with the rods rather than ff, so we tried to stay on that line. Speak with guys on the radio, ussually someone is out there from LOU. I dont have a down speed and temp yet so if its slow I try to parrallel with a charter, and listen to the radio

FX,Your one of the guys, through your reports, that has helped. Thank you.

Double D,

Wish you would have been able yo meet us out there, had a great time. Next time I get up to the Oak I will let you know in advance so hopefully we can work the waters together again. A guy I work with launched out of Rochester and on Fathers Day is 79 year old father caught a 28 lb king. Its hot up there right now.

Paul