Hot Lure: just about everything

Trolling Speed: 2.1-3.1

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 200-255 fow

Lure Depth: 45-120 fow

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Things are looking up for the east end of the lake. The kings are finally shownig up. It wasn't spectacular, but a nice steady pick all morning.

Mike (McCoy) and I started setting up in 200 fow, due north of East Bay. We were fishing two riggers and sliders with spoons, and two dipsies on wires running spin doctors and flies. The pattern didn't seem to make a big difference as long as it had green, purple or white in it.

As soon as we finished setting up, the rigger down 45 went, and Mike brought in a 6 lb. steelhead. About ten minutes after that, the right dipsy with a white hoochimama/white fly out 245 feet went into scream mode. The fish ran out to 400 feet and separated fly from hoochi! (It had to be a real pig!)

The rest of the morning went along pretty steady with hits and misses, nothing major until 10 a.m. One of the riggers down 80 feet with an NK watermellow fired. Mike grabbed the pole and held on. The fish made four major runs. As soon as it got close to the boat, it took off again. We were fishing with 12 lb. test, so Mike had to be cautious. I cleared the back of the other poles, and we finally got it into the boat. It was a nice king that weighed in at 20 lbs., 9 ozs.

We figured 'what the heck', lets enter it in the LOC. It's not a leader, but it put Mike in eight place for a while.

Sorry, no pictures. I forgot my camera, and my cell phone died! (Tim- Finders keepers- that's why no phone calls!)

I can't wait to get back out there!!

Jim