Hot Lure: Purple SD w/ Purple Fly and Green SD with Green Fly

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 1.5 to 2.5

Boat Depth: 180 - 300

Lure Depth: 70, 90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Had a great weekend on the water and my son got to fight and land a 20lb king on the wire (Purple SD with Purple glow fly, 300 back) on Staurday morning. Nice to have the fish hitting. Can't wait to get back this weekend.

Andy

FLld9.jpg

Hi Dale. We went to Trophy 2102 this year and it makes a huge difference from the little 16' startcraft we were fishing in last year. I do miss my little boat when we are kicking around in the bay, but man it is nice to have a bigger boat out in the lake. Andy

Dale - I rigged with 2 scotty downriggers and 2 dipsey pole holders to start with. I started with gimbal mounts for the riggers, but have hard mounted them since. The gimbals were very convenient, but had a tendency to pop out on rough waters. I have an old planer mast, but have not decided how I want to mount it yet. I think the best solution would be to mount the reels to each side of the top, but I don't know how well that would work with my bimini. Andy

oZvu9.jpg

Andy I like the set-up.. When I had my Penn Yan I setup the planer reels on the rails and just let the boards outit worked ok.... I think you are on your way to having a very successful summer.... We will be fishing quite a bit over the next couple months let us know when you are out fishing and we can do a little communicating..... Dale