Cannon Unitroll Question

Hi,

I have an issue with one of my downriggers but I'm at an impasse with taking it apart. Does anyone know how the "axel" comes out of the rigger. I don't want to damage it and figured I'd ask.

Below is what I'm trying to get out.

Thanks,

Bob

RDQ_9.jpg

RE2sS.jpg

Take the cover on the other side off (4 Phillips screws). The clutch and pawl are under there and the shaft comes out from that side . Check the drag washer (probably needs to be replaced ) and be sure to check the faces of the cluth washers for scoring. Pretty easy to dissasemble and put back together. Do one at a time so you have one for reference.

I got my old schematics out and ,yes ,the pulley is held on by a 5/16 X 1" set screw. On the Unitroll HP you have to remove the pully inserts which are held onto the main pulley with phillips screws (4) ,to get to the set screw. Once you remove the set screw the shaft pulls right out. There are white plastic bushings between the shaft and pulley. You may want to replace them when you have it apart . I got drag washers and bushings from Capt. Gary's , nothing very expensive involved.

Chinook35,

Totally on the mark with your comments. I did find the best prices for the rigger replacement parts at fish307.com. They were cheaper by a mile as compared to Captain Garys. Just an fyi.

Thanks,

Bob