Total Boated:6

Species Breakdown:Kings

Hot Lure: pearl frog protroll and crazy Bich fly/ also the dreamweaver ss NBK

Trolling Speed: 2.3 to 2.7

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 120- out to 540

Lure Depth: 70

====================

Went east of port for the first time this season. Set up in front of the glass house with a four rod spread including three riggers and one mono dipsey moving east to the flats and a little beyond. We had a plan to target kings so we set up on the inside in 170 FOW deep rigger at 70 with the protroll frog on pearl towing an Atomic crazy bich fly. port rigger hauling the NBK dreamweaver ss. My partner brought his own box of lures and ran a number of different colors, including a green frog on the mono dipsey, and various spoons in green hues on the starboard out down. We trolled in to 150 fow and then 120 and held course there when the deep rigger fire with the crazy bich fly. It runs out 500 feet on the first run and slowly came to the boat and put up a struggle at the last 50 feet, diving deep behind the boat then came to the net after a little bulldogging. A very healthy 26 lb King. We turn back west and stiched the origional course out to 170 and back to 120 FOW and score another fat king on the same fly 23Lbs. The NBK takes 3 small kings as well as one for the silver and green spoon that was running on the starboard rigger.

At about 10:00 AM it slowed on the inside with the sun going high so we picked up and ran to my waypoints from the previous day where we had a double and triple three ring circus, only to find the circus packed up and left town :o . We trolled everywhere that was hot with steelhead just the day before and got zilch. had deep sets and shallow sets and changed up lures several time for 2 hours and had no luck :( . Man what a difference a day makes...where have we heard that before ;). So all in all the purpose was to target kings and we did well for that but the chrome missiles were missing from action.

Mark

====================

asz0r.jpg

Triple hookup on steelhead the day before....lost one due to flea picking :@

asBvA.jpg

23 lb king on the crazy bich fly

asD_J.jpg

Me with my 26 lb king back at the Skippers lodge.

I think I saw you running around out there! LOL Major change from Monday to Tuesday out there. Good job on getting the inside fish to go. We stroked it for an hour. WE got on them out in 170-225. There was a tight break from 50-60 of about 15 degrees. The fish were on it thick, although you wouldn't have been able to tell by looking at a fish finder.

Ray, I have a compass that Captain Jack Sparrow gave me just before he was eaten by the giant squid monster. If I put my cellphone next to it, it works even better :lol: Anyways it sure looked flat to me..... the water that is.

Yup, Rich that was me, you were just inside me when I set up there. Saw your orange boats out there and figured you were pulling the copper around. Soon as I saw you there I said to myself, "This is it, gotta be good right here". When you turned north I was on the "hot rod" of the day. "Captain AHAB Abby" (our estate caretaker) along just for the ride, was drivin' and another Rich on the net.

Mark